The Membership of Unifor Local 3018 has established a bursary program to help out students that are furthering their education. This bursary will be available unless you are otherwise notified.
There will be a total of five bursaries valued at $2000 each, deadline for applications is April 1st.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Be a child of or in care of a member of Unifor Local 3018 and in good standing or retired member.
- Student must be enrolled in a full-time post-secondary education (university, community college, technological institute, trade school.)
- Must have some involvement in local community events or activities. Some examples include: sports teams, the local 4-H club, mentoring programs, church involvement, SPCA volunteer.
- The bursary will be awarded by Unifor Local 3018 after the recipient has provided proof of enrollment at an accredited post secondary institution. A recipient may defer the award for up to one year; a letter requesting a deferral must be submitted to the Unifor Local 3018 executive. After one year, if the recipient does not claim the award, it becomes non redeemable; unless there are significant extenuating circumstances.
- Provide a brief 250-500 word submission explaining the following: why this bursary is important to you, how are you going to use this bursary, what are your career goals and what have you done to prepare to reach those goals.
- The application should include the following.
- Full name of applicant :
- Address, phone number :
- Email address :
- Name of related Unifor Local 3018 member.
To obtain an email application or If there are any questions, please feel free to contact :
Dan Shoults at 250-305-8701 (cell), email email@example.com