Unifor Local 3018
Our communities employ over 550 men and women in the Gibraltar Mine, located in south-central British Columbia, which began in 1972. This copper-molybdenum mine has been a major source of employment for the small surrounding towns and communities.
Unifor is excited to get more involved with supporting our members and communities with both donations, volunteer time and support.
ABOUT LOCAL 3018
As a local of Canada’s largest private sector union, Local 3018 stands to promote the movement of improving the everyday lives of all working people. We believe every worker deserves to return home from a work environment free from harassment and discrimination. We deserve to work in a healthy and safe work place and every worker has the right to full and complete compensation for work performed. People know when they are not being treated justly.
Unions help make a workplace fair, and together we work to become stronger and united, both members and community, and the upcoming youth workers of today and tomorrow.
NEWS & EVENTS
NEW THIS YEAR!!!
Right to Refuse
Lest We Forget…
October General Meetings
Tentative Agreement has been reached
Contract Ratification Meeting
April General Meetings
Online General Meetings (Coming Soon)
Bargaining Committee Questionnaire
More than just benefits and job security, there are many advantages to joining a union:
• Collective Bargaining – banding together to increase negotiating power
• Higher Wages – enjoy a better wage as compared to your non-union counterparts
• Support – a union representative will work with you should you have a personal issue with the employer
• A Voice – a collective union voice which facilitates joint discussions of workplace problems
• Equality and Fairness – union wage increases have more or less matched private sector increases over the past decade